Tuesday, May 8, 2012
I Didn't Need a Set of Balls for This
It could be the reason I'm single, and in fact, I know it's a reason for why a handful of ex's are ex's (among other more important things like cheating, emotionally unbalanced, etc.), but I've never been deemed a girly-girl. I'm not overly affectionate, although I have my moments. I am not a domestic diva, although I'm giving it a fair effort as of late. I'm not one to fret a sweat, hard work or heavy lifting. I go days without putting on my face or even plugging in the blow dryer. There are a few things that make me squirm, like spiders frolicking along their webs, or nasty smells from nasty places. I actually take a bit of pride in my ability to overcome in situations where another puma might be a little more princess-y.
Recently, I spent a weekend up north, at the family lake cabin. I was being the cool auntie to little Elijah, who has recently warmed up to me, now that he understands that I am more inclined to let him do things that his mumma and grandmumma wouldn't let him do - like run around the yard in his pajamas, get close to the edge of the dock and touch the water (whilst in my arms - relax ANGE!), and sit in my lap as I drive up and down the driveway. This kid LOVES to press buttons and loves to view the world around him, so I took a little drive to and fro. Upon return to the cabin, we resume the button-pushing. We roll the windows up and now, radio in and out, steering wheel round and round. Eventually, like any kid (and auntie) with a.d.d., we grow tired of playing in the car and depart. And who's the genius who forgets to roll up the window. Yours truly. The next morning, I realize the error of my ways. Of course it had rained, but that wasn't the real issue I was up against.
No, no, it was the nest of EGGS stuck to the inside roof of my car!
Gross. I didn't want to touch it. I hardly wanted to get close to it. I certainly didn't want to drive two hours with those eggs threatening to fall upon me. There are so many and what left them there? Nast.
So I did what any good engineer would do. I stuck it to 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment