Sigh. I don't even know where to kick this one off.
Love is great. It really is. Possibly the best feeling in the entire world. What I find so incredibly funny in this day and age, is that we feel the need to utilize social networking to shout our love for one another from the rooftops. Taking this a bit further, I am starting to liken the women of today as the proverbial dog to a fire hydrant. Pissing on the Facebook walls of their men, so to speak. You rarely see men doing this to their women. Hell, he probably just told her he loved her 2 minutes ago via text, so why blab about it on Facebook or Twitter, too? Does doing so make their love stronger? Their connection more real? No. I'll tell you what it does. It makes every mutual friend that couple has (or at least one friend - that being me) want to puke from seeing the constant one sided stream of love. Keep it in the bedroom, people. Leave me out of it.
Have we become such an insecure breed that we must constantly make sure every female friend on your mans Facebook account knows, without any uncertainty, that he is taken? I'm not trying to be a hater, I just don't understand is all. What did we do before the days of social networking to ensure our loved ones knew they were just that - loved? Did we actually - GULP - tell them? Like, to their face? Wow.
I am a Facebook junkie just like many. I especially love my daily Facebook stalking sessions and have come to really look forward to that. But, come on already. The only time pissing on someones page is funny is when Alyssa and I do it to one another, sitting right next to eachother at the bar and having the time of our lives. Not that any of our mutual friends find it funny...but then, they're too busy spewing out their undying love for their mates to really even read our drunken mess.
Love you all! ooxx
By the way, I am still looking for cat donations for this Christmas card idea. Please people. I know you're out there.
You know there's an easy solution to all this right? Well two really... That said we're 100% in agreement here.
ReplyDelete