I'm taking a moment to relish the good things. At the moment, I am in a beautiful city, I've never been here before but it is certainly growing on me. Vancouver, BC, is clean, green, kind and diverse people, active, vibrant. This city has everything, mountains, rivers, seaplanes, city trains. I've noticed that people seem very healthy here, everyone walks. This seems like Canada's Miami with the glass condos lining the entire length of the harbor. I've heard the "ouuut" in about, out, shout, etc. It's cute. It feels like home. I know my Mom would love it here.
Another thing I've noticed that just warms my heart is when a complete stranger calls me an affection name - like sweetie, honey, cupcake. I think it's adorable and I wish I was bold enough to say so in return. The affection makes me feel more connected, it's always given with a smile, and often it feels truly sincere. I love sincerity, feeling connected, I love happy people. It also reminds me that I'm not the only one that believes happiness is contagious.
I had an enlightening moment where I'm sitting in the middle of a strange city, completely content, eating my po'boy lunch of baget, brie and salami, with my Harp's, taking in the surroundings. How fortunate I am to have a job that allows me to see these fine places. How great is it that I get to move to a new home when I return? How awesome is it that my family, dad included, was able to spend time with each other in one place, our cabin place, last weekend. How lucky I am to have friends that look forward to sharing their time with me. There are little complaints along the line, but all in all, when I look at the big picture, life isn't that bad. In fact, it's pretty damn good. Even if I don't have balls and chains!
You know that's right, pumpkin! (do I sound sincere when I say 'pumpkin'?)
ReplyDeleteLife IS good!